- CD number 2 (In The Night) is complete! (October 2021) Read more and order your copy here
- Vespers: CD recording project is complete! (summer 2019) Read more and order your copy here
- Newsletter: sign up here to receive monthly(ish) updates on my projects, builds, blogs, and concerts.
- Solo guitar concerts every now and then. Concert dates can be viewed here
- Duo Estelle – guitar-voice concerts with Saskatchewan-based soprano, Terri-Lynn Mitchell
- Padauk and Spruce classical guitar (number 023): read more here
- Spalted Maple classical guitar with asymmetrical fan bracing (number 017): read more here
- Fleta/Torres historically inspired small-bodied guitar (number 025): read more here
A few of my current and recent projects
Stripes and angles
Happy New Year!
Another addition to the family!
In The Night
Album No. 2 is out as of October 15, 2021! You can order your copy through the PayPal link below, or send me an email (email@example.com) to work out an alternate set up. Digital copies will soon be available on streaming platforms.
This project was made possible by generous grants from the Ontario Arts Council and the Canada Council for the Arts.
In the Night includes new arrangements of music by Clara Schumann, Gena Branscombe, and Elisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre, as well as music by Christina Volpini (Hamilton, ON), and newly commissioned works by Anya Gowan, Amy Brandon, and Elissar Hanna. The CD was mixed by Julian Bertino and mastered by Sage Kim.
If you have found my album online (coming soon to most streaming platforms), you can view and download the entire CD booklet by clicking here.
1-3. Points of Light – Amy Brandon
4-5. Two Short Pieces – Anya Gowan
6. Prelude – Elisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre
7. for emily – Christina Volpini
8. An Old Love Tale – Gena Branscombe
9. Dreams in Hand – Elissar Hanna
10. Notturno – Clara Wieck-Schumann
I am happy to announce the release of my first CD! This album was a labour of love through 2018/19, featuring some of my favourite pieces and a few of my favourite hand-built guitars. I recorded 3 of the tracks on my main concert guitar which was built for me by my father, Mike Shaw. The remainder are recorded on 4 of my own builds: a small-bodied Torres SE117 inspired guitar, 2 Bouchet inspired guitars, and one Garcia inspired classical.
This project was made possible by a generous recording grant from the Ontario Arts Council.
I also need to recognize the contributions of several other talented collaborators. My husband, Craig Visser, wrote me the beautiful 4 movement piece that shares its title with the album. Canadian composers Anne Lauber and John Gordon Armstrong graciously allowed me to record their music as well. The artwork for the album cover was painted by my cousin, Ceilidh Shaw. And finally, Andrew Brittain of Mudshark Audio has patiently recorded and edited the tracks for this CD.
1-3. Sei Preludi – Emilia Giuliani-Guglielmi (1813-1850)
4-7. Vespers – Craig Visser (1991)
8. Arabesque – Anne Lauber (1943)
9. Etude No. 3 en pensant à Bach – Ida Presti (1924-1967)
10. Chaconne from Partita No. 2 (BWV 1004) – J.S.Bach (1685-1750)
11. Nocturne No. 5 – John Field (1782-1837)
12. The Last Waltz in Boston – John Gordon Armstrong (1952)
13. Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 – Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
You can purchase Vespers through the PayPal button below or by contacting me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Shipping rates vary per location and cover part of what it costs me to mail you a CD. If you know that you will be seeing me soon, but would still like to order a copy online, select the “local pickup” option, and I’ll be sure to have it on hand.
If you would like your copy signed or have any other special instructions, be sure to include those details with your order as well. Any questions can be directed to my email (email@example.com).
If you have found my CD online, and would like to read the liner notes, or would just like more information, you can download the entire CD booklet by clicking here.
In The Night
One of each
** “local pickup” means picking up the CD in person (at my home or waiting until I see you next in person). If you would like your CD mailed, please select “within Canada” as it costs me the same to mail a CD across the city as it does across the country.