- Vespers: CD recording project is complete! read more and order your copy here
- CD number 2 is in the works with support from the Ontario Arts Council and the Canada Council for the Arts! Stay tuned for more details. Release planned for March 2021.
- Newsletter: sign up here to receive monthly(ish) updates on my projects, builds, blogs, and concerts.
- Solo guitar concerts every now and then. Concert dates can be viewed here
- Duo Estelle – guitar-voice concerts with Saskatchewan-based soprano, Terri-Lynn Mitchell
- Recitals with Ottawa-based soprano Aditi Magdalena. Concert dates can be viewed here
- Padauk and Spruce classical guitar (number 023): read more here
- Spalted Maple classical guitar with asymmetrical fan bracing (number 017): read more here
- Fleta/Torres historically inspired small-bodied guitar (number 025): read more here
A few of my current and recent projects
I am happy to announce the release of my first CD! This album was a labour of love through 2018/19, featuring some of my favourite pieces and a few of my favourite hand-built guitars. I recorded 3 of the tracks on my main concert guitar which was built for me by my father, Mike Shaw. The remainder are recorded on 4 of my own builds: a small-bodied Torres SE117 inspired guitar, 2 Bouchet inspired guitars, and one Garcia inspired classical.
This project was made possible by a generous recording grant from the Ontario Arts Council.
I also need to recognize the contributions of several other talented collaborators. My husband, Craig Visser, wrote me the beautiful 4 movement piece that shares its title with the album. Canadian composers Anne Lauber and John Gordon Armstrong graciously allowed me to record their music as well. The artwork for the album cover was painted by my cousin, Ceilidh Shaw. And finally, Andrew Brittain of Mudshark Audio has patiently recorded and edited the tracks for this CD.
1-3. Sei Preludi – Emilia Giuliani-Guglielmi (1813-1850)
4-7. Vespers – Craig Visser (1991)
8. Arabesque – Anne Lauber (1943)
9. Etude No. 3 en pensant à Bach – Ida Presti (1924-1967)
10. Chaconne from Partita No. 2 (BWV 1004) – J.S.Bach (1685-1750)
11. Nocturne No. 5 – John Field (1782-1837)
12. The Last Waltz in Boston – John Gordon Armstrong (1952)
13. Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 – Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
You can purchase Vespers through the PayPal button below or by contacting me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Shipping rates vary per location and cover part of what it costs me to mail you a CD. If you know that you will be seeing me soon, but would still like to order a copy online, select the “In person/Will pick up” option, and I’ll be sure to have it on hand.
If you would like your copy signed or have any other special instructions, be sure to include those details with your order as well. Any questions can be directed to my email (email@example.com).
If you have found my CD online, and would like to read the liner notes, or would just like more information, you can download the entire CD booklet by clicking here.