- Vespers: CD recording project is complete! read more and order your copy here
- Newsletter: sign up here to receive monthly(ish) updates on my projects, builds, blogs, and concerts.
- Solo guitar concerts and concerts with with fellow guitarist and life partner, Craig Visser. Concert dates can be viewed here
- Duo Estelle – guitar-voice concerts with Saskatchewan-based soprano, Terri-Lynn Mitchell (dates for October 2019 concerts in SK recently announced)
- Listen to Ida Presti’s Etude and Anne Lauber’s Arabesque here
- Recently completed: Padauk and Spruce classical guitar (number 023): read more here
- Spalted Maple classical guitar with asymmetrical fan bracing (number 017): read more here
- Guitar 022 “Alissa” – Ziricote with Italian Alps Spruce after Bouchet: read more here
A few of my current projects
I am happy to announce the release of my first CD! This album has been a labour of love for the past year and a half, featuring some of my favourite pieces and a few of my favourite hand-built guitars. I recorded 3 of the tracks on my main concert guitar which was built for me by my father, Mike Shaw. The remainder are recorded on 4 of my own builds: a small-bodied Torres SE117 inspired guitar, 2 Bouchet inspired guitars, and one Garcia inspired classical.
This project was made possible by a generous recording grant from the Ontario Arts Council.
I also need to recognize the contributions of several other talented collaborators. My fiancé, Craig Visser, wrote me the beautiful 4 movement piece that shares its title with the album. Canadian composers Anne Lauber and John Gordon Armstrong graciously allowed me to record their music as well. The artwork for the album cover was painted by my cousin, Ceilidh Shaw. And finally, Andrew Brittain of Mudshark Audio has patiently recorded and edited all of the tracks for this project.
1-3. Sei Preludi – Emilia Giuliani-Guglielmi (1813-1850)
4-7. Vespers – Craig Visser (1991)
8. Arabesque – Anne Lauber (1943)
9. Etude No. 3 en pensant à Bach – Ida Presti (1924-1967)
10. Chaconne from Partita No. 2 (BWV 1004) – J.S.Bach (1685-1750)
11. Nocturne No. 5 – John Field (1782-1837)
12. The Last Waltz in Boston – John Gordon Armstrong (1952)
13. Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 – Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
The CD is officially available! You can purchase it through the PayPal button below or by contacting me directly. I will ship as soon as I am able once I receive your order. Shipping rates for the moment have been discounted, and will be adjusted after the release concert in fall 2019 (date TBA). If you know that you will be seeing me soon, but would still like to order a copy, select the “In person/Will pick up option, and I’ll be sure to have it on hand.
If you would like your copy signed or have any other special instructions, be sure to include those details with your order as well. Any questions can be directed to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Use this contact form (or send me an email: email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns: